About Baseball Greenhouse
Hi there and welcome to my site. My name is Shawn Robison and I’m the founder of Baseball Greenhouse. If you’re like most of my readers your either coaching youth baseball or a parent trying to help your young player develop a love for the game of baseball. You want to provide the best possible experience to the kids in your care and teach them the many wonderful life lessons that can be learned through baseball.
The hard part is you’re not a professional coach. This is what you do in your spare time.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Are you coaching young baseball players (anywhere from 6 to 12 years old)?
- At the end of your practices do you feel like you were babysitting kids rather than teaching them the game?
- Do you struggle with parents who consistently question your approach?
- Are you tired of walking into a practice with no real plan?
- Do you feel like your players don’t listen to your instruction despite constant repetition?
- Do you have a 6-12 year old son or daughter playing baseball?
- Do you feel like every attempt to help your player ends in frustration for both you and your child?
- Are you looking for a way to help your player, but just don’t have the baseball knowledge?
- Are you afraid of your child losing interest in baseball?
If so, you’re not alone.
I Know How You Feel
As a youth coach I’ve been through the struggles of how to:
- ensure both advanced players and kids new to the game are able to grow their baseball skills without favoring either group
- develop baseball skills in my kids while ensuring that they learn to love the game of baseball in the process
- address hitting and throwing mechanical issues in an age appropriate way that kids can understand
- communicate with parents so that we work together towards a common goal for their child
- use the game of baseball to teach life lessons to young kids
As a parent of two young players I’ve also been through the struggles of how to:
- work on baseball skills in a way where they are active rather than reluctant participants
- use the game to deepen the relationshipI have with my boys
- keep in perspective that the game is about having fun and playing with their friends, not any desires I have for them
- simply enjoy watching my boys play a game that gave me so many great memories as a child
These are my little guys.
My Goal In Writing This Blog
Through this website my goal is to give you a tools, resources and knowledge to allow you and your young players to enjoy youth baseball. From practical tools on running a practice, to how to engage team parents as advocates, to simplistic approaches to helping your players improve their skills, my mission is to help you develop the kids in your care into strong, confident young adults through the game of baseball.
Subscribe to My Blog
In order to make sure you don’t miss my newest blog posts, why not subscribe to my blog. It’s fast, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
You can enjoy coaching youth baseball. All it takes is a willingness to learn and a mentor to guide you. If you’ll provide the first, I’ll provide the second. Let’s get started.